Saturday, April 30, 2011

Just a few Detour moments.....oh, and a little princess ranting




I attended Anime Detour last month, finally fulfilling my dream of becoming Misty, even for just a weekend. Words cannot express the kind of joy that came over me as random people would come up and say "MISTY!" with a hug. I was no longer Charlie for those three days, but my heroine since childhood. Oh, a dream come true.

The wig was from a random seller on Ebay. It was absolutely perfect! I got tons of people asking if it was my real hair and if so how I got it that bright XD Absolutely awesome. The rest of the clothes were just from places like Target and Value Village, so it really was an easy costume to put together. Then of course there's my togepi and my signature Converse (who says I wear red ones just cause Misty does??)


                         



My goal for the weekend was to get a picture with an Ash (even if I did have to share him with a few other Mistys)


Team Kanto!


It was almost a must...... :)

I was lacking a Pokeball at this particular photoshoot, I think a fist works nicely instead :)

I think it's neccessary to mention that after being Misty, I simply can't get enough. I'll most likely go back as her in a future year to this convention, or just dress as her to school one day. Either way, I can now cross this off the list of things to do before I die :)

And just for fun, it was on the hotel wall :)

I know you're all wondering this, so I'll just come out and say it: yes, I DID watch the Royal Wedding at 6 AM yesterday :D Silly? Maybe. Am I a girl that classifies herself as a hopeless-romantic-dreamer? Yes. Do I like fashion? That should be obvious. So I really don't see any reason why I wouldn't WANT to watch the wedding, no matter how many people tell me that it was a waste of my time :)


I thought Kate Middleton(or Princess Catherine, as I now should say)'s dress was simple, yet so elegant! Perfect for this kind of event. It was very flattering but not in a sexy way, which is what I think is expected for the royals.

The best part of the wedding fashion? The hats!


I may not be British, but I can enjoy their fashions just as much as the royals do :) I guess that's all for now. Stay Sunny, World!

~Charlie



1 comment:

  1. Oh man !! This is the greatedst outfit ever =D =D I should have done that for halloween !!!!!!!!!!! You look jsut like her !! =D !
    I ended up with this colour in on my hair one day, it wasnt on purpose but I kept it for a while coz I loved it =p hehe

    As for the wedding, I cudn't watch it coz I was working =( otherwise I would have been in front of Westminster like a tourist to see Kate and her Oh so pretty dress ! (And maybe spot Prince Harry and kidnap him ! =D)

    Thanks for sharing the pics, it's awesome !!

    xxx Vee

    ReplyDelete