Tuesday, July 3, 2012

HEAT WAVE

Muscle shirt, sunnies, and shoes: Target; Denim vest: thrifted; Sparrow necklace: eBay; Bandana: vintage






Why HELLOOOOO blogosphere it has certainly been a long time since we've seen one another! I can explain guys.....summer is hot and I'm lazy. Also, I have a job and am in the marching band. SERIOUSLY THOUGH THIS HEAT IS INSANE. I'm sitting in the loft of my nice air conditioned house awaiting the next moment when I have to step outside. Even taking these pictures this morning nearly suffocated me. That being said, I'm attempting to remain fashionable while wearing as little clothing as possible. I scored this tiger muscle shirt for 50% off at Target yesterday, and it makes me feel like I'm in the circus. I've also practically been living in these shorts. They're cozy and cotton and don't give me a muffin top. I could use some new black shorts though, but for some reason all the money I make keeps disappearing the second I get paid! *Cough* shopaholic *cough*. Anywho, these sunnies are also new. EXCEPT THEY BROKE THE THIRD DAY OF OWNING THEM. Thankfully super glue fixes all, but it still is frustrating.

In other news, tonight is the annual July 3rd street fair in my town to celebrate the 4th. I'll be hittin' that up with my pals later on, hoping beyond all meaning of the word that it will cool down a little by then so I won't be a sweaty pig by the end of the night. But as you well know, there's probably very little chance of preventing that.

Probably more importantly than any of the aforementioned things, however, is that last week I made a mad dash to AMC in order to see the movie Brave and OHMYGOODNESS I'm kind of obsessed with it now. For those who don't know, Brave is the first Pixar movie to feature a female lead, is one of the only Disney princess movies in which the princess doesn't meet her prince charming by the end, and is an animation revolution by way of Princess Merida's hair. Merida has now dethroned Jasmine and claimed her rightful title as "Charlie's Favorite Disney Princess." So much so that when I got home from the theater, I went to the Disney Store website and, like a little girl with her Christmas money, bought this:

If you're new to my blog then I guess I should inform you that I have an insane obsession with dolls, particularly dolls of my favorite movie characters. (now we know where that money I mentioned earlier keeps disappearing to, eh?) I'm now ecstatically waiting for her to arrive so that my friend Dani (who owns the Mulan doll) and I can have a Disney Princess Doll photoshoot. Pictures will be posted. 

Well now that you all have gotten a clear glimpse of the 6 year old in me, I'll leave you with some badass bathroom photos of me pretending to be a model so you'll remember that I actually am 16





No comments:

Post a Comment