Monday, January 10, 2011

Artistic yet comfortable, the sweet sweet combination

Seeing as fashion is somewhat of an interest for me at the moment, and a high percentage of this blog seems to revolve around the topic (it's clearly stated in the subtitle- huh who knew?), I thought I'd go ahead and share what I wore to school today. What I was going for was a neutral base with a pop of neon- kaboom! And also to compliment those lovely earrings I decided to don on my earlobes today. See for yourself:


From top to bottom
Beret: H&M
Peacock earrings: Claire's
Choker: Gift from my sister
Pisces and Pentagram necklaces: Minnesota Renaissance Festival
Cami: Kohl's
Cardigan: PacSun 
Peace Bracelet: Gift from grandparents
Chococat Watch: McDonald's (no judging ^_~)
Leather ring: Minnesota Renaissance Festival
Flower ring: Gift from my boyfriend (Sammy<3)
SillyBand Ring: Gift from my friend
Tube top(worn as skirt): Ragstock
Leggings: Old Navy
Shoes: Payless(Airwalk)


I adore these earrings! Peacocks are by far my favorite birds, I admire their feathers for the natural beauty and color. I rarely find a chance to wear these since they're so big and eccentric, but when I can coordinate an outfit around them it's lucky for me indeed!


A great buy from the Renaissance Festival (which is, by the way, one of my favorite places in the world). The Pentagram is a symbol of my love for the ideals of the Wiccan religion, even though I am not a hardcore practicer and follower, I like to incorporate some of the ideas of it and the magick into my daily life. The Pisces symbol is because, obviously, I am a proud Pisces. 


The bracelet is from Las Vegas and was given to me by my grandparents. I love the peace sign, I think it shows that I am a big supporter of peace and non-war. Also it's HOT PINK and SPLATTER PAINTED. What more could I ask for? Oh yes, the flower ring was given to me by my lovely boyfriend Sam who found it and thought it was pretty. It is Sammy, it is :) The other is a SillyBand bunny. How cute!


Ok, I love Sanrio, but honestly, who couldn't? My favorite character is Cinnamoroll. When I saw that McDonald's was giving away these watches in their Happy Meals, I simply had to have one. Chococat 
is adorable. The ring is also from the Festival. You can't see from the picture, but their are tiny intricate designs carved into the leather. My best friend wears a matching one.

New Trend that I love: The Beret!


So I usually don't follow mainstream trends, in fact a lot of them are so repulsive that I run screaming from them like the plague. The thing that saddens me is that most trends nowadays are just so lacking in creativity and expression (jeans tucked into Uggs, anyone?). But sometimes I find a trend that's right up my alley and I need to try it. The best fashion advice I could ever give is not to conform. Don't do things that you don't like because they're "In," do things that you like specifically because you like them, and if one of those things happens to be a trend then go for it anyway. Sounds cliche, doesn't it? Yet so many teenagers are too afraid to do it. Anyway, back to what I was really going to write about. Knit berets are really popular with girls these days, especially at my school. They're very artsy and an appealing product of the hipsters (which, ok, I have definately been referred to as). I own two wool berets and I like them a lot, but after seeing the knit ones I just had to give it a try. Not to mention it completely compliments my hairstyle. So to dress up any outfit, just add a beret! They come in neutral colors like black and gray, but I've seen wild ones like bright purple and pink. My school used to have a strict anti-hat policy, but they now allow us girls to wear these in class because they're "formal" and "professional looking" Perfect for a bad hair day, eh?


If you have long bangs like me, try bobby-pinning them to your hat for a new look


And just for kicks, since I've been seeing so much of them in these pictures:

peacock_657_600x450.jpg

That's all I've got. Have a mighty fine night me lads and lassies.

-Charlie


2 comments: