Monday, January 3, 2011

Memories of Being an Outsider

Ever come across some really cool old photos and think to yourself "Wow, wouldn't those be fun to blog about?" These pictures are from 2009, 8th grade to be exact, and were probably the best school homework assignement I've ever done. Our English class read The Outsiders (yes, yes I know it was a great book wasn't it?) and had to do a final project on it. One of the options was creating a movie t-shirt, which basically entailed putting some sort of relative image on a t-shirt and writing "The Outsiders" in black sharpie. But, being the dramatic overachievers that we all are, my friends and I decided to have a little fun with the assignement, and have our own Outsiders dress-up photoshoot day! This included 60's-style costumes, hair coloring, and lots and lots of hair gel. We produced tons of cool images to choose from, but the one that ended up on my shirt was this:

From left to right: Dally, Johnny, Ponyboy, Cherry, Bob, Randy, and me as Marcia

The original photo was taken by two other friends, and all the editing was done by my mom and me
DISCLAIMER: the cigarettes that the Greasers are "smoking" are props, just straws cut down to look like them :)


The original photo

The Greasers on the roof


I actually did used to have purple hair, actually I had it up until about a month ago. Unfortunately my recent into excursions into the performing arts have preventing me from dying it any further


The photos were all taken by other friends who accompanied us to the shoot. They were all taken at a local park/baseball field. Maybe for your next project you'll consider something fun and unique? I guarantee an A :)




No comments:

Post a Comment