Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Blahful Days of Winter Have Begun

IT'S CALLED BEING TOO LAZY AND TOO COLD TO SET UP A TRIPOD


 Dress: thrifted, Corset: DOTS, Scarf: thrifted, Beret: H&M, Black top: H&M, Black skirt: thrifted, Shoes: Chuck Taylor


As I was leaving French class 5th period today, my teacher cried "J'aime tes chaussures rouges!!"
It means, "I like your red shoes!!"
I've had her since the beginning of freshman year. I've worn red Chucks all that time.
But it was still pretty cool :)

To compliment my habit of rapid topic changing, Maddie, Mary, and I took Hiro, the Japanese exchange student, thrifting at Goodwill today after school. (We made a pit stop at Dairy Queen beforehand so that he could get the full experience of American consumer culture, and also to play along with his observation of "A lot of people in this country are fat....")

 We got a very decent amount of browsing in, and I'm happy to say that I have a new friend. Also, perhaps just as exciting (KIDDING!), I got a couple new tops:

If only it was summer and I could wear that hippie tank dress everyday......well, there's always pretending. Despite the fact that we're supposed to get snow sometime this week.....*tears*

Oh yes, one more thing, as promised here is my Rosie the Reaper costume:
(and featuring Maddie as a zombie colorguardian)

Which was my REAL costume!! That Amy Winehouse gettup was just a last minute pre-Halloween cast party outfit.
Anywho, apparently my neighbor took her son trick-or-treating at my house (I was already at my friend's, mind you) and according to my mother SHE WAS DRESSED AS ROSIE THE RIVETER TOO! Gah I wish I could have witnessed this amazing coincidence. Then perhaps I would have a picture of the twin Rosies as proof for y'all.
But I guess you'll have to take my word for it, as always.
PEACE.


14 comments:

  1. Thank you for your lovely comment! Looks like you guys had fun thrifting, my kind of people)

    >'.'<

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you are so pretty with this coiffure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahah "blahful" is a perfect word to describe winter activities! looks like you've been having fun thoughhhh. Woohoooo!

    QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME!!! LOL you and your japanese friend look so cute! Plus I love those costumes xD

    Speaking of love, also for the outfit in your first picture *dies* Those buckles are crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blahful is an excellent word;) I like your shoes an the outfit and the blog. Thanks for the comment, let the following commence!
    Carla
    redpunzel-Carla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesomeness = your halloween costume !

    *Why aren't there any big,large thrift stores in my country !? :( Seriously I can imagine me running and searching clothe rack to clothe rack !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha that would be awesome! It's too bad there are no thrift stores :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahhaa great outfits!!!


    you have a great blog! I just love it! definetely follow you! have a great week!

    Veronica
    blameboogie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks fun! = )


    kisses from La Mode En Rose =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that corset/bustier thing! Very cool and edgy. Also lmao taking the Japanese exchange student to experience American culture. Haha that must have been fun. I hope he's having some good experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the flower print skirt :D beautiful

    xx

    www.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This outfit is perfection! I love how you mix colours and prints. :)

    ReplyDelete