Thursday, November 10, 2011

They should really send me to Oddball Academy


AC/DC t-shirt: gift from my dad, Pants: Delia's, Bandana: vintage, Knockoff Keds: Target



One of the reasons I wore this outfit was because I thought it would provide a funny contrast, I was supposed to read a poem I wrote aloud to my English class this morning and this particular poem is all sweet and fluffy. Perfect juxtaposition to my inner punk. But, as it happened, I left my backpack in my advisory class the hour before English. DON'T EVEN ASK ME HOW. But I did. My advisor also happens to be one of the school social workers, meaning that when she's not teaching our class she's out patrolling the hallways. So of course the door to her classroom was locked and I ended up having to track my backpack down instead of reading my poem. I'm reading it tomorrow but still.....UGH. Not a good way to begin the school day.

Anywho, back to the outfit. My dad brought me the shirt from an AC/DC concert he went to a few years back. I'm not as big a fan as he is, but their songs totally get me pumped and rocking. Classic rock never dies, in my book. These are probably the coolest and most comfortable pants I own, when I saw them in the Delia's catalog I ordered them right away. In a way, they're relics from my "scene kid" days, but along with a lot of those clothes I still find them awesome today (though thankfully I've become way more original in my choice of attire).

So for French, we're currently at work on an awesome project that involves creating a fashion tv show of some sort. My teacher has a dress-up box in her classroom (I know right?!), and today she brought in a bag of whacky clothes to add to it, so of course instead of writing out the script like we were supposed to, my group had a photoshoot in the costumes......







Featuring Molly and Dan, in all their glory
Also I really really really REALLY wanted to steal that floral blazer and fruit sweater
But I love my French class. So I didn't.

Tomorrow is 11/11/11, and I still have no idea what to wish for.

11 comments:

  1. Your classroom has a dress up box!? That's amazing, haha! So much fun!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. juxtaposition is a really impressive word:)Love your pants. And that fruit sweater!!!! Your school seems so fun.
    Carla
    redpunzel-carla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, this really beings back memories of high school. You really look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your French class pics are hilar. I love your plaid pants; very 90's Brit punk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your acdc shirt!!

    http://hippiegonemad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome pants !

    Steal the fruit sweater it look so awesome and different!! No don't I'm being a bad influence !

    Ahah anyway AWESOMENESS

    ReplyDelete
  7. eee, nice idea with the juxtaposition of clothes and your poem <3 I like your pants a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny and amazing photos! Like this post!
    Come back soon to visit my blog, I'll be waiting for you!!

    Enter the Shopkempt giveaway on my blog!
    Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those pants are really fun! That sucks you missed out on reading your poem in your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, I wish you could've read the poem in this outfit. That would've been perfect. ;) Your pants are awesome! And your teacher's wacky clothes, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey I miss you!!! We need to get together and talk soon because I just want to talk your ears off!! You're my heroine!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete