Sunday, October 2, 2011

One Summer's Day




Bandana: vintage, Sparrow Necklace: Ebay, Black top: H&M, Dress: Delia's, Belt: H&M, Leggings: Old Navy, Shoes: Chuck Taylor








So it's not summer, in fact, it's the second day of October, and typically Minnesota takes that as an excuse to turn us all into snowmen. But this weekend, however, is insanely warm. It's supposed to get up to 80 this week (it wasn't even that warm in the last month of summer) so I'm pretending that it's still mid-July and I'm a little 50's schoolgirl frolicking about in freedom. Summer typically doesn't include my father screaming his uvula out while watching the Viking's game, but we'll pretend along with my mid-century summer fantasy that that isn't happening.

On another side of things, I don't believe I've ever shown/discussed my bracelet collection on this blog yet. I have several meaningful bracelets that I wear everyday on both wrists, and the collection keeps growing steadily.

My left wrist: The Obama bracelet is a play on the typical saints bracelet, I found it for $5 at the French Market in New Orleans (which is a large outdoor flea market), and I knew I simply had to buy it. The peace sign bracelet was a gift from my Grandparents from Las Vegas, and in my opinion is the coolest way to symbolize my belief in peace. The last one is a Tibetan Eye bracelet from a voodoo shop in New Orleans, and it's supposed to protect me from evil. Oh, and there's also the friendship bracelets, I made the rasta one and my friend Katt made the other one.

My right wrist: The first one is the Hand of Bibi Fatima, which represents femininity in the Islam culture. It's from, as pathetic as it sounds, Valleyfair.....but it's the symbol nonetheless. The green beaded bracelet was a gift from Sam, who gave it to me one day as a "surprise," quite adorable, in my opinion. The pentacle bracelet is to symbolize the Wiccan religion and I found it at Spencer's at the Mall of America. The "stress is overrated" bracelet is from the giftshop at Gooseberry Falls up in Northern Minnesota. The black ones are actually ponytail holders, but I wear them as bracelets. They say Good Luck, and my friend Anna got them for me in China.

Here's the real inspiration for the title, from my absolute favorite movie Spirited Away:


6 comments:

  1. The people pushing that stroller wouldn't stop staring at me after I took the picture... & I'm Italian, the main thing we do in life is eat xD
    I also am a firm believer in wearing tons of bracelets. though only a couple of mine having meanings x]

    ReplyDelete
  2. These accessories seem to be fantastic, quite special design, awfully good effects, I really love them.. They look really fantastic,and goes really well with your characters..


    romwe streetfashion blog,pay a visit?kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Charlie, thanks for stopping by!

    Loving your collection of bracelets and the polka frock is to die for! Looking super cute!
    x.o.x.o

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think your outfit is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love your jewelry. It's so pretty and unique.

    -Ly

    http://www.lyzhang.com

    ReplyDelete