Saturday, October 15, 2011

A Teenager's Bedroom Is Like a Cave Built out of Sheer Dreams















I've always had a fascination with where people live. Especially artsy and creative people like those depicted in this post. I think teen bedrooms are the most interesting, because they contain everything the person owns crammed into a small space and arranged in a way that displays their personality, not neccessarily in a way that pleases people. Of course, not all of these pictures are teen bedrooms like the title may fool you into thinking (I made up that quote just for future reference. It's Charlie with an I-E), in fact at least half of them are from a website called The Selby, which is the work of a man called Todd Selby who scours the world for creative folk and goes into their houses to photograph their dwellings. I read about him in one of my mom's photography magazines about a year ago and have been following his website ever since. These pictures are a compilation of some of my favorite bedrooms/houses that I've collected and have inspired countless projects in my own room. Hope you enjoyed, and maybe you'll be inspired to do something a little more creative with the space you have.

Photo credits go to The Selby and Teenage Bedroom

And just for shits and giggles, I had to include a picture of Juno in her room, which is the classic creative teen dwelling:



5 comments:

  1. Hiih cool post! I never had a room quite like these, but many posters on the wall for sure :D Lovely.


    xx indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment!
    Cute bedrooms! So inspiring! =)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same obsession, its crazy! I just love seeing what people are sticking on walls, hiding under the bed, shoving in the wardrobe...its so interesting! :)

    ReplyDelete