Sunday, October 16, 2011

Poetry Cafe - Flavor of the Day: Crossroad Lovers/Photos of life and random shiiizzz

Far beyond the mountaintops
Is where my home did lie
Past the far-stretched fields of green
Where airplanes often fly
All I have
Is on my back
Adventure in my heart
Little did I know that night
I'd find my missing part
You watched me from the windows
As I danced across the clouds
I stole a few shy glances but
To love was not allowed.
Sixty-odd young minds
All ripe with winsome glee
Did board a bus that afternoon,
Among them, you and me
Across the golden highways
Into the setting sun
We talked the endless hours away
As homebound wheels did run
It grew colder with every mile
We grew further as the sun was rising
And when we reached the horizon line
Our spark had all but died
So I swore that I'd forget you
I promised I'd go back
And pretend that what had happened
Had been nothing but the past
But somehow you did find me
And I'm glad I was willingly seeked
For our bud of love soon blossomed
As a lovely flower at peak

~by Me

I usually don't put anything else in the Poetry Cafe posts, but I figured I'd post some pictures of my recent life:

Kayla had some pink sparkly nail polish so in advisory class I stole it and painted my left hand.
JUST MY LEFT HAND.

Chemistry is boring except for when we make concoctions like this
(I know I'm always posting pictures of chem class, it's the only class I ever take my camera out for some reason. Probably cause I have it with so many neat chicas)

We went to Evan's the other day and decided to bake a ginormous batch of chocolate chip cookies. I don't really know what Sam is about to do to Maddie and frankly I'd rather not find out.

Ev and Sam....no idea what they're laughing about

Evan's sister Alannah got home so, naturally, we had to invade her room and start taking pictures




Still putting off my AP homework. And I'm sure I will be 'til 6 tonight.
Gotta stay consistent right?

Also, ever since Invasion of the Road Weenies I've been thoroughly obsessed with David Lubar's collections of strange, horrific, and downright hilarious tales. I just finished this one:


I would highly recommend them.


4 comments:

  1. lol at the chem class photos! it looks like you guys can have a little fun in that class :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks very much for the follow lady! x love the 'legalize gay' tee too, must invest in one for me and the wife!

    www.thefashionturd.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi I enjoy to read your blog please do check my new fashion blog

    Fit and Fashion Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. & I thought I was the only one who would just paint my left hand!

    ReplyDelete