Wednesday, October 12, 2011

"Everything's okay now, thanks to Misty the Mighty!"


Bandana: vintage, Lace cami: kohl's, Cardigan: Target, Ankh necklace: Minnesota Rennaisance Festival, Yellow shorts: Target, Misty button: Anime Detour, Tights: ?, Shoes: Chuck Taylor




So maybe it's not as authentic as when I cosplayed as her last spring, but this outfit is totally Misty inspired!

Yes, the one and only, the girl who gets way too much attention on this blog than can possibly be good for her redhead. As soon as I put this ensemble together, I thought of my idol. The quirky color combination and funky short-and-chucks pairing is SO her.

 I will forever have that tiny little longing to be Misty, the dream that occurred from a very young age, and I still jump on every chance I get to dress like her. My wardrobe will always contain bits and pieces of Misty-esque garb (she was the reason I first bought red chucks at the ripe young age of eleven, shoes that have become a signature of mine for the past four years), and I still tend to get that inkling desire to quote her in certain conversations. She taught me that tough girls stand up for themselves, and that the best thing in the world is being a woman. So I guess these posts are always, well, odes to Misty, who inspired me to be who I am today, in style and in life.


I bought this at the convention this year, isn't it cute????

Here's an interesting challenge for all of you: do your own cartoon outfits! Put together an outfit inspired by your favorite cartoon character (not full-on cosplay, just an everyday casual outfit like I did above) Do a blog post about it and put a link to it in the comments! GEEKS UNITE!

3 comments:

  1. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.
    I shall post it tomorrow Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the fact that you paired the outfit with a striped cardigan. Cute look. Thanks for sharing the photos and feel free to drop by me too, soon.

    ReplyDelete