Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Garden Hippie


Black top: H&M, Ankh Necklace: Minnesota Rennaisance Festival, Dress(worn as a skirt): Thrifted, Scarf: gift from my Dad, Gladiator sandals: ICING





These pictures evoked a vision of my possible future: weeding my vegetable garden while wearing my hand-woven dresses and worshipping my Egyptian gods. Also, promoting absolute peace. Oh wait. That's me right now. Well, maybe not the hand growing and weaving parts.........

The lace top is H&M and I found it rolled into a little ball in my Christmas stocking last year. That flowery skirt you see poking out from beneath the scarf I tied around my waist is actually a dress I bought at Value Village, but it has an incredibly awkward bust-runching thing and therefore looks much better on voluptuous hips with something on top of it. I had an AP test on Ancient Egypt today, and I'm pretty sure I subconsciously believed that the Ankh necklace I bought this weekend would bring me luck when I put it around my neck this morning. Guess we'll have to wait for the test results to find out for sure.

I feel like I'm really getting better at these self-portraits. Maybe I do have a future in this?? We'll see. I guess I gotta just keep dressing weird, capturing it on film, and writing about it. There comes a point when if you do this enough people start looking at it, right?




1 comment:

  1. Pokemon is thoroughly awesome... But I haven't seen/played it in FOREVER so I hardly remember anything xD

    ReplyDelete