Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I feel like I should start naming my outfits like a real fashion blogger.....


Okay. This one's name is "I should invest in a tripod"

Headband, cardigan, and shirt: Target (I've noticed that target makes a regular appearance in these), necklace: Ebay, jeans: H&M, socks: American Eagle, combat boots: thrifted


Notice my somewhat new cartilage piercings?


Today's outfit was mostly built around the vintage-looking Japanese Coca-cola shirt, because it's homecoming spirit week and our school colors are red and white. (That's right- art freaks can have spirit too!) The sparrow necklace was a recent purchase from Ebay- I loved how they looked and what they symbolized, but couldn't find one in any stores. Oh yes, and in the great rush I was in this morning, I settled for the pathetically-amateur-yet-surprisingly-flattering mirror photo. Gotta do what you gotta do, right?

On an entirely unrelated note, have you ever thought of a really cool title for something and considered writing a book and/or blog about it JUST as an excuse to use the name? Happens to me as a writer more often than I'd like. For instance: I have no desire to start a breast information blog, or write a book for that matter, but just TRY telling me that it wouldn't be completely awesome to own something called "The Nitty Gritty on Titties." No? Well there's more where that came from stored up in this mind o' mine. I'm sure the mere existence of this post will inspire some for you, too, so be sure to share them in the comments! (Unless of course you are truly considering a blog/book on the topic that your title is about....in that case, you can keep it to yourself until you become famous)

Oh dear. Now my dreams will be filled with titles, so help me God. But hey! Maybe some of them will work for outfits? Yeah........that will be all.


5 comments:

  1. Well jealous of your shirt.

    & I get that about the title thing. I just write them in my phone & then eventually get round to embroidering them somehow. Maybe you could create paintings or word art or something, just of all the awesome titles you think up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want your shirt! looks so rock chic with those boots, love it.

    xo zebra and meerkat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! the shirt is from Target, nothing too exotic if you want one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this bird necklace is so fabulous i relly love it!!! and thank you so much for your lovely comment!!! nice to know there are other people who also reading tarot cards. here everybody looks at you like you are a superfreak if you saying it ;)
    love and kiss,mary

    http://maryloucinnamon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well then I'll be a superfreak with you! :) <3 thanks so much

    ReplyDelete