Thursday, September 22, 2011

Legalize MN



Beret: H&M, T-shirt: American Apparel, Leggings: Old Navy, Shoes: Converse




So, first tripod shots! Not bad, eh?
(Even though I look deathly angry in all of the ones that show my face)

So we had a sub for Concert Band today, and after class he comes up to me and says "So, you from California?"
"Nooooo...." I reply 
"Oh, well I thought maybe you were 'cause you were wearing a repeal prop 8 shirt."
"Actually I bought this at the Mall of America...."
"Oh....well, it's cool, but it's kinda pointless to wear one in Minnesota 'cause there's nothing we can do about prop 8."
"I was more going for the giant, universal "Legalize Gay" theme rather than the little prop 8 thing....."
"Yeah, yeah I guess I just don't really see the point to try and promote the repeal of prop 8 in this state."
"..........." *lunch bell rings* "Okay I'm leaving bye."

Yeaahhh, personally I find it entertaining to showcase my political beliefs boldy on my clothes, because it makes for interesting conversation (see above). It also ignited an interesting philosophical discussion about the mix of religion and politics with my friend Laura. So many awesome purposes, so little time. I will continue to promote the equal treatment of people in what is known as a free country, and continue to do it on my chest.


I wrote this on my hand today to remind myself to schedule my behind-the-wheel driving classes.
It worked.


No comments:

Post a Comment